First of all, read this.
Now regardless of whether you actually read it or not, in a nutshell, today is the 36th birthday one of my (our) most favourite and inspiring people in the world, Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park.
Fans all around the world do something special on each of the band members’ birthdays and it’s usually named as a birthday project where fans give messages in form of letters, photos, videos Et cetera filled with their love and best wishes for them.
This year a friend of mine has come with the best idea there is, which is even acknowledged as by birthday
boy guy himself.
Many of us do it at times in our live and I have also done so, but this time (read the above post I linked already) I’m going to specifically post them here. It’s not bragging or showing you’re a good guy, but to simply motivate others in doing the same and therefore showing there is still humanity left. You don’t need to be a fan of Linkin Park here too, just be a good human being. Or not even good or human for that matter.
I have always sung the songs of unsung heroes, and I ask you to do the same.
- Helped an old man walk down a slope (near where I live, it’s called Mt. Poisur, as the name says.. ) and cross the road ahead. 1/13
- Took part in a book exchange at redditgifts and sent a complete random book lover a set of 4 books comprising of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings trilogy and a copy of The Dark Knight Returns graphic novel which is my most favourite. 19/2/13
- Took part in the first Pokémon exchange as above and spent a pretty big amount in sending another totally unknown random fan to Romania. The next day was my birthday and I spent everything I had which I had saved on these, though I knew I won’t do nothing for my birthday but was still satisfied. 25/2/13
- While walking to my favourite ‘coffee shop’ to get one, the road where I was under construction and in a lot of mess. A relatively middle aged-old man on his ride got stuck on the rocky broken road on a slab, and I almost passed by but then turned around, went back and helped him go. Gave me a happy smile and thanks. 3/3/13
- In a mall while walking a small girl was running around and just fell down hard a bit, rushed and helped the little one get up while her family came quickly and thanked by the mother 31/3/13
- Helped an old lady in walking down the slope (similar to #1) 8/5/13
- Helped a person with directions while walking. 20/8/13
- Helped a person with directions. 6/9/13
- Helped an older gentleman at a restaurant. 8/8/13